I thought this was delicious. Olivia….couldn’t spit it out fast enough. Which was weird b/c she likes butternut squash. I’m posting anyway b/c it was that good.
This recipe came from OhSheGlows: http://ohsheglows.com/2012/09/24/roasted-butternut-squash-with-kale-and-almond-pecan-parmesan/
- 2-2.5 pound butternut squash
- 2 lg. cloves garlic, minced
- 2-3 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp fine grain sea salt
- 1 cup de-stemmed and roughly chopped Lacinato kale
Almond Pecan Parmesan “cheese”
- 1/4 cup almonds
- 1/4 cup pecans
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/8th tsp fine grain sea salt
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400F and lightly grease a casserole dish with oil.
- Peel the squash. Chop into 1-inch chunks and place into casserole dish.
- Add minced garlic, parsley, oil, and salt into casserole dish and stir until well combined with the squash. Do not add the kale yet.
- Cover casserole dish with a lid (or tin foil with a few holes poked) and bake for about 30-45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, process or chop the parmesan ingredients together until chunky
- When squash is just fork tender, remove from the oven and reduce heat to 350F. Stir in the chopped kale and sprinkle the parmesan all over the squash. Bake for another 5-8 minutes, until the nuts are lightly toasted. Watch closely so you don’t burn them. Remove from the oven and serve immediately!