Yes, they have sugar, but no oil or butter. Made them this morning, my 2yo loves them, and I have to force myself to stop eating them.
Adapted from the recipe on this awesome blog: http://www.twopeasandtheirpod.com/zucchini-applesauce-oatmeal-cookies/
- 1 c whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 c applesauce
- 1/2 c dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 c shredded zucchini, squeezed
- 2 c oats
- 1/2 c chopped crystallized ginger
- 1/2 c (heaping) chopped apricots
* might use a little less ginger next time. I loved them, but they were a little spicy for my toddler
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or spray with cooking oil (I used coconut oil).
2. In a medium bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg.
3. In a large bowl, mix together applesauce and brown sugar. Add egg and vanilla, whisking to blend. Add zucchini and stir to blend.
4. Stir in flour mixture, then stir in ginger and apricots.
5. Drop cookie dough in heaping tablespoonfuls, 2 inches apart, onto prepared baking sheets. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cookies are set. Remove cookies from pans and cool on wire racks.