Got Liv to eat some spinach! Super easy and fast meal. Adapted from here: http://www.thesweetlifeonline.com/2013/01/21/spinach-and-mushroom-pizzadilla/
- wrap or tortilla of choice
- 4-5 garlic cloves, rough chopped
- about 5 mushrooms
- large handful of spinach
- black olives, chopped/sliced
- pizza sauce
- mozz cheese (I used Daiya)
saute garlic, mushroom, & spinach then move to a bowl. add black olives to bowl. wipe out pan and add a little more oil. Lay out your wrap and spread some pizza sauce on half, layer with cheese, and spinach mixture. Fold over and lay in pan until crispy then flip and crisp other side.
Done. Eat! I served with a side of sweet potato tater tots. yum.
This makes a great snack to grab-n-go. I’ve kept them in the freezer and took out a few at a time.
Recipe comes from Weelicious: http://weelicious.com/2012/01/04/spinach-cake-muffins/
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 flax egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh spinach, packed
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable or canola oil
- 1 1/2 cups spelt flour (or other kind)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Place the first 6 ingredients in a food processor and puree.
- Place the remaining ingredients in a separate bowl and combine.
- Pour the spinach puree in a large mixing bowl.
- Slowly mix the dry ingredients into the wet until combined.
- Scoop batter into a greased mini muffin tin, filling each cup 2/3 of the way.
- Bake for 12 minutes.