This recipe comes from Colleen Patrick-Goudreau (http://www.compassionatecook.com/).
I make this whenever any of my family feels a cold coming on and it nips it right in the bud!
- 1 whole head garlic, minced
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 bunch greens (kale, collards, spinach, etc)
- 3-4 potatoes, cubed
- 8 cups veg broth or water with bouillon cube
- 1 can cannellini beans (beans aren’t a part of the original recipe – I added for a dash of protein)
1. Saute the onion & garlic
2. Add potatoes and broth, simmer for a bit
3. Add greens & beans until potatoes are soft
4. Salt to taste
5. add 1T of rice vinegar to bowl when serving & sprinkle a little nutritional yeast on top
Crusty bread is a must! I put cubes of bread on Olivia’s plate to soak up the broth since she doesn’t do well eating soupy liquids yet.